"The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical
substances: if there is any reaction both are transformed."

Carl Gustav Jung (1875-1961)


Friday, June 25, 2010

Unprecedented political change in Australia!

In reference to Kevin Rudd being ousted from his position as Prime Minister of Australia in his first term, and following passionate political debate on my facebook profile, I offer the following commentary. 

I am amazed how much debate my comments sparked!

In hearing that Gillard is PM, I feel happy to have a person leading a party that I actually WANT to vote for rather than wasting a vote. In the 2007 election, I had little faith in either KRudd or JHoward's policies and outward facing profile, and hence voted Green.

However, at this point in time I feel happy that we have an intelligent POLITICIAN leading the country. JGillard is educated in politics and emotionally intelligent. It's refreshing to know that she told Abbott "Game on" in cabinet today when she shook his hand. This shows determination and a strong attitude.

It goes without saying that the environment must be acknowledged and considered, for our future generations. As a parent, I have made a conscious decision to only have one child so as that my choices place the least amount of burden on the earth's resources (be it material, social, physical etc).

As a person who works in the public sector, I can safely say that Unions have their place, they're a voice for the people when the people need advocacy. In my role I see people who need assistance in dealing with tough issues, and the Unions help with advocacy and representation.

I guess it's a matter of preference. I appreciate everyone's comments :D

I end my soap box contribution with a thoughtfortoday.co.uk meditation which is, as always, timely for the day's events!

'Give Regard to Every Soul: Because you recognise that everyone is of unique value, you give regard to every soul by never comparing it to another.'

No comments: