"The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical
substances: if there is any reaction both are transformed."

Carl Gustav Jung (1875-1961)


Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Divine communication, communion, darshan... Or connection?

We connect with source/infinite wisdom/god/goddess through prayer, divine communication, holy communion, darshan, dharma, karma, meditation, physical activity, or retreat.  Lately my mind has been consumed by everyday life and I have spent little time in divine communication with my soul and the infinite energy that I look to for guidance. 
It is easy to be absorbed by daily earth plane life and devote little time to the one thing that matters - your soul.  Activities like work, household chores, playing the role of mother/father/brother/sister/friend can often leave you feeling consumed and disillusioned, so much so that you walk through daily life unconscious to the miracles that surround you.

Today, I devoted thirty minutes of time to my physical needs and ran on a treadmill at my local gym.  As I moved through each metre and kilometre; I focused on breathing, a collective of cockatoos collaborating on a sporting field in the distance, the gum trees in the foreground of the view and Bob Marley playing on my iPod! 

I felt that this form of moving meditation allowed me to simply be in the moment, because when you're running there's no other place to be.  Lose yourself for just a minute and your gait or breath falls out of synch with the flow and you end up feeling breathless.  Life is a moving meditation.  "In prayer you communicate with God, in meditation God communicates with you."  www.thoughtfortoday.co.uk

Om Namah Shivaya!

No comments: